Efficacy of Ovex in the control of SlugsDecember 22, 2021
Eficacia de Bemix para el control de Mosca Blanca en TomateJuly 25, 2022
Date: July, 2019
Goal: To validate the efficacy and profitability of the Jaque Mate fungicide for the suppression and prevention of Powdery Mildew in the cultivation of Indian variety Okra.
Location: Cuasa, Honduras
Lot 201-02 had a high pressure of Powdery Mildew, for which an application was made throughout the lot with Sensei 40 WP (Myclobutanil, curative / preventive) at a dose of 120 grams / 200 liters of water. To compare the preventive versus curative effect, a rotating application of:
- Jaque Mate in a 7-day window between the first and second application in a 4-row experimental area
- Native 75 WG 17 (curative) days later, as a commercial control in the 4 furrows near the experimental area
After performing the applications with Jaque Mate , the following was found:
- The treated plot has 6% less incidence compared to the control (without Checkmate) in the first 7 days
- After seven days, a second dose of Jaque Mate was applied and, five days after this application, a 9.6% less incidence was found.
- Seven days later, the Jaque Mate plot, after the second application, the Checkmate plot presented 5% less incidence compared to the curative, which had 4 days after Nativo 75 WG had been applied.
The infestation in the commercial control was significantly higher (plants with a greater number of diseased leaves and new diseased tissues)
Conclusions and recommendations
Two block applications of Jaque Mate after applying a curative fungicide to control Powdery Mildew with a fairly critical level of the disease, helps to reduce, according to the results of this test, up to a 9.6% incidence in 12 days and even more the percentage of infestation.
Jaqye Mate, because it is a botanical fungicide, does not interrupt the harvest to be done daily since its grace period is zero days and maintains a significant reduction in chemical load.
- Start preventive applications with Jaque Mate from the first vegetative stage of the crop every 7 days at a dose of 1.25 cc / liter of water. Once the harvest stage begins, increase the dose to 1.65 cc / liter of water and rotate with other preventive fungicides (preferably botanical or biological).
- After applications with curative synthetic fungicides, two applications in blocks of Jaque Mate can be made at intervals of 5 days, thus achieving 10-12 days of suppression and protection without stopping the harvest because it is zero days to harvest.
- Important : good product coverage throughout the plant.
- Make use of Jaque Mate even if the plant is healthy and do not wait for the appearance of the symptom to start controls.
Hector Matamoros, Agricultural Engineer ExcelAg Corp.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org